The Swiss Journal of Intercultural Education, Training and Research
We hope our peer-reviewed Journal will reach out not only to our membership but beyond to all those who believe that intercultural dialogue, inclusion and tolerance are essential to our future. By doing so we attempt to initiate a meaningful relationship between researchers and practitioners that will constructively answer important intercultural matters.
Topics of Interest Include :
- Academic research on intercultural and inclusion topics, both in-progress and complete
- SIETAR projects
- Training or teaching experiences
- Training tips and tools, online learning
- SIETAR: Society for Intercultural Education, Training, And Research
Dr Eugenia Arvanitis, Assοciate Professor, University of Patras, Greece
Prof. Jillaine Farrar, SIETAR Switzerland board member responsible for the journal / Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts – Business
Editorial Review Board
- Dr Aminata Cairo, Netherlands
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abderrahman Hassi, Al Akhawayn University, Morocco.
- Dr Kim Hays, Switzerland
- Sebastian Huber, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts – Business, Switzerland
- Dr Bunny McFadden, USA
- Vincent Merk, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands and France
- Dr Mary Gene Saudelli, Faculty of Professional Studies, University of the Fraser Valley, Canada
- Assoc. Prof. Dr Claus Schreier, Mahidol University International College, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Dr Joseph Shaules, Japan Intercultural Institute and Keio University GIC Program, Japan
- Emeritus Prof. Dr Helen Spencer-Oatey, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr Pia Stalder, School for Engineering and Management Vaud, HEIG-VD, HEG, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr Ingo Stolz, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts – Business, Switzerland
- Asst. Prof. Dr Nuntana Udomkit, Mahidol University International College, Mahidol University, Thailand
- The SIETAR Switzerland Board and members of the Past Presidents’ Advisory Committee will also be contacted for their advice and as reviewers.
Submission Guidelines :
- Submit your work using the SIETAR Switzerland Journal-Article-Template
- Word count:
- 3000 – 5000 words (scholarly articles).
- 1000 – 2000 words (articles on good practice, practical case studies, book reviews and student reflections).
- Use the latest APA sourcing.
Eligibility to submit : Articles submitted by SIETAR members and non-SIETAR members will be considered.
To begin the article submission process, complete our SIETAR Switzerland Journal-Article-Template to secure format consistency and email the completed template to email@example.com. (Please write Subject line: Submission, word count, title) This will provide our editorial committee with contact details for the authors and the full body of your article. After submitting the completed template, you will receive a confirmation email and your article will move into the peer review stage. Articles will be peer-reviewed by the editorial committee. This may also include global guest editors and experts outside of SIETAR Switzerland. You will not be informed of who will be reviewing your article and the peer review may last up to two months.
You can submit your article at any time throughout the year. The rolling submission deadlines, corresponding with the publication of journal editions, are:
- March for spring edition
- September for winter edition
If your article is submitted after the deadline, it will be considered for the following edition. The sooner you submit, the sooner your article will begin the peer-review process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Abbreviated key title (according to ISO 4): Swiss j. intercult. educ. train. res.
Previous Newsletter Issues 2015 – 2020:
Winter 2020 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Summer 2020 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Fall 2019 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Spring 2019 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Winter 2018 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Summer 2018 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Spring 2018 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Winter 2017 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Summer 2017 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Spring 2017 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Winter 2016 – The First-Class PostBuzz – Click here
Summer 2016 – The First-Class Postbuzz – Click here
Winter Edition 2015 – The First-Class Postbuzz – Click here
Summer 2015 – The First-Class Postbuzz – Click here